Friday, August 10, 2012

Fast Project Friday- Ready for Homework?

Happy Friday- with Friday comes another Fast Project Friday!!! My kiddos have school starting next Tuesday and along with that comes HOMEWORK!!!  I don't know about at your house, but at mine homework time can be a chaotic time. Well I was thinking of what we can do to really start the year off right- organized & prepared... So I thought having a "study box" might be helpful. I wanted something easy and simple, so I literally started looking around my house for something that could work. 


That's when I came across this metal basket. It is from my workspace project. It is sitting there with nothing in it, so I thought it could be a possibility!

I tried to think of what all my kids ( I have a now 5th & 7th grader) might need when doing homework. Markers, pencils, crayons(they do occasionally need these things still :), pencils, highlighters, tape, scissors, a small stapler (in the small white bin), lead, little post it notes, paper clips (in the round plastic container), and a calculator. They all fit nicely in the bottom of the basket.


Another thing in high demand during homework time is paper. So I had this in a drawer from my 
desk project, and thought maybe I could use that some how. 




And what do you know it fit right on top of the basket!




As you may know, I love to label things, so I took a quick trip over to 
Better Homes and Garden, & made a label for our new study box. 

Well another Fast Project Friday done!  I can tell you I am glad to know that come next week, we will be ready for the homework & hopefully it will be a little less chaotic :)

Thanks again for stopping by- Good Luck as you all prepare on your kids going back to school!  I would love to hear about your preparations- any ideas on making the transitions smoother! Also check out Organizing Junkie's blog and Iheartorganizing for a TON of great back to school ideas!

Have a GREAT weekend,
Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment