Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Weekly Menu & a Menu Project

Well, it's already Wednesday and I haven't posted our menu yet!!  I am in the process of changing how I meal plan a bit. Along with that comes a new way to display my menu... 


Last year at a flea market I found this... I immediately loved it, but I have had it a whole year and it has yet to serve a real purpose. Until now!  


In Target's dollar section they had these cute little close pins


My chairs in my kitchen have been getting spray painted, so I decided to share the love with my new cute little close pins.

 So now it makes a great way to display my weekly menu. Very soon I will be sharing my new meal planning idea- it is way fun, but I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on it!!!

 So here is how it looks in my kitchen!  It sits beside my desk and looks super cute and functions amazing! It's the perfect combo!!!


Here is what's on the menu at our house this week...

Monday-Roast with red potatoes and carrots


My Roast Recipe is pretty simple and yummy- my favorite kind of recipe!!

Roast 3 1/2 lbs
1 can cream of mushroom soup (99% fat free)
1 envelope onion soup mix
red potatoes- halved
baby carrots

Roast goes in the crockpot in the morning.
Add soup and soup mix
Put on low
With about 2 hrs or so until eating time add potatoes and carrots

Tuesday- Pizza, salad and grapes


Pizza- this week, I had a coupon for Hy-vees pizza that they make fresh in the store, so we tried it out- yum!
I made up a salad quick with spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado

Wednesday- Chicken Tortilla Soup with avocado and sour cream


This recipe comes from one of my BESTEST friends!! She shared it with me- thanks CiCi :)
4 chicken breast halves
2 (15oz) cans black beans (undrained)
2 (15oz) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes or Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 C salsa
1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
1 (141/2 oz) can tomato sauce
Tortilla Chips
2 C grated cheese

Combine all ingredient, except chips & cheese in large Crock-pot. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice into bite size pieces. Stir back into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual soup bowl. Ladle soup over chips. Top with cheese.

We will also add avocado and sour cream to ours- that's just how we roll :)

Thursday- BLEATS with Sweet Potato Fries and strawberries


I have put my BLEAT recipe on here several times, so you might be sick of it but just in case...
It's super simple- just a take on BLTs. We put Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Avocado and Tomatoes on a sandwich.

Sweet Potato Fries are really simple-
Thinly slice a sweet potato, place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes

Friday- Tilapia with tomato and avocado salad & baked red potatoes



Tilapia I just brush each fillet with olive oil and season with pepper, garlic & sea salt. Broil about 3-4 min each side. 
Avacado/Tomato Salad- this recipe I got from a Cooking Light magazine and it is delish! We use it lots!!
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 C grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 C crumbled reduced-fat feta
1 ripe peeled avocado, chopped

Combine first 4 ingredients, stir with a whisk. Add tomato halves, cheese & avocado, toss gently. 


Saturday-Breakfast


Cheesy Eggs
Pancakes
Fruit

Sunday- Lasagna with Garlic bread and salad


Lasagna
1 lb ground beef
1 clove garlic
1 TBL Parsley
1 TBL Basil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 can tomatoes
2 six oz cans tomato paste
10 oz lasagna noodles
3 C cottage cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 beaten eggs
2 TBL Parsley
1/2 C Shredded Parmesan
1 lb Mozzarella sliced thin

  • Brown meat & add next 6 ingredients. Simmer uncovered until sauce is thick (about 30 min) 
  • Cook noodles, drain, rinse. 
  • Combine cottage cheese with egg, seasoning & Parmesan cheese.
  • Place 1/2 of cooked noodles in 9x13 pan. 
  • Spread 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture & add 1/2 of mozzerella & half of meat.
  • Repeat layers.
  • Bake at 375 for 30 min. Let stand 15 minutes before serving

This is my mom's lasagna recipe and so good!

Remember to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie's Blog for more great recipe ideas!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and come back soon!!
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by for a blog visit from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday today!
    Love the menu plan display.
    Happy Thanksgiving! That is one huge turkey!
    I love this time of year when the temps have cooled down to something liveable in Las Vegas!
    When I opened our coat closet I didn't get hit with a blast of heat today. Now that's much better.
    I'll be on the lookout for soup recipes to add to my recipe file box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Fall is one of my favorite times for new recipes! Thanks Again :)

      Delete