Friday, January 18, 2013

Portable office

Happy Friday to you!  One of my favorite blogs has started an office organizing challenge and I thought it would be a perfect way to start off the year! Click here to check out the challenge!

The first thing I need to work on is setting up a good system for a portable work area. Since I do some work from home I have been looking for a "portable office", one that can can be used anywhere from the downstairs in the home office or upstairs in the kitchen. 

So I started with this.... I bet you wonder what a dish drying rack has to do with an office...







Well this is what!  First of all the slots make a perfect place to put files 




Then the place meant for silverware works great for pencils, pens, post-its, and paper clips!


Isn't it just too cute!  Also it works exactly how I need it to. I love it when something comes together that works great and looks great!!

It can easily be picked up and taken wherever I need it to be. Everything stays organized and in it's place.

Do you want to take the Home office organizing challenge with me? Whether you have an entire room devoted to a home office or just a small nook- once it is organized and functioning at it's best, just think of how much smoother your household will run!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Don't forget to check back next week for lots of great home office ideas!!

Faith

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the cute folders? I love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they came from my favorite store- Target!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this!!! I'm going to put one together as soon as I can. I also work from home and my car and this portable desk can go anywhere plus look nice sitting back on my desk. Thanks for sharing you great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! It's been working out great! It would definitely easily transport from the home to the car. Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my favorite types of projects! It is so neat to see new uses and unexpected uses for everyday household items! Love it!

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,
      Thanks so much! I am completely honored to have you stop by my blog! Your monthly challenges are super fun! This week I am finishing up some kitchen projects to add to February's challenge :)
      Faith

      Delete