Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kitchen office

When we bought our house, there was a lot of things that we knew we wanted to change, but we also knew that there was so much potential. I have ALWAYS wanted a desk area in my kitchen. So I LOVED that I now have one- but it needed some work. I have taken almost 3 years to slowly make it into exactly what it was meant to be! See step by step how I have finally made it into our command central!


This was the desk area when we moved in, I could see the potential- can't you?

This was after I had made a few adjustments- I painted the back wall with magnetic paint and changed up a couple things..


And here are a few more adjustments, but I knew it wasn't done...

Now I can say it is finally the space that I have always dreamed of having! 


 I lined the drawers with shelf paper and organized them...

This one has envelopes, some cards, stamps and an address book for sending a quick thank you!


The top 2 drawers keeps all the little office supplies in order...



The label maker and post it notes

 Tools for around the house projects


 Then the bottom drawer has items that need to be filed, but I also may need to reference quickly. This is also where I keep the binder I use for meal planning.

I just used some folders and paper tape to label each one. 


 It makes it quick and easy to grab when needed!

 Next I have our weekly schedule posted. I have the kids color coded and it allows for us to easily see what we have going on each night. The kids even write in their lunch schedules for the week, so we know when they need to pack their lunch the night before.

My menu for the week is also kept in this area! Click here to see how I do my meal planning.

Then I have my laptop and my action files with our monthly calender. With the monthly calender I also use the same color coding system. Click here to see how the action files work.

On the shelf above I have all of my binders and cook books. Click here to see how I organized those.


So there you have it- our Command Station!  This area is key to making our family organized!  And I love it!  It has just turned into an area that works just like we need it to! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Have a great weekend and hope you stop back again soon!
Faith







2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I absolutely love how it has come together and how organized you are.
    Lori Lyn

    ReplyDelete