Monday, August 13, 2012

Make My Menu Monday

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was great! We kept pretty busy with the kids schedules & even worked on some projects :) But since today is Monday (and only one more day until school starts), I needed to make my menu!! So here it is!! I used the same printable as last week because I really love how it worked, I like having the grocery list on the side and when I am at the grocery store I like having my menu in front of me, just incase I forgot to add something- which happens sometimes!  





Monday- Chicken Tacos
I put frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with just a little chicken broth, I cook for about 4 hours. It shreds really easy!  Then I add Taco Bell taco seasoning (it's our family's fav). Then I am making that black bean/avocado salsa that I made last week. It is the perfect combo with tacos!

Tuesday- Since it is the kid's first day back at school, we are going to have a treat and go out to eat!

Wednesday- Chicken Taco Salads
I will use the left overs from Monday and make them into salads. I am going to try a new dressing this week
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette- just whisk all ingredients together

  • 2 TBS chopped cilantro
  • 3 TBS red wine vinegar
  • 2 TBS olive oil 
  • 1 tsp grated Lime rind
  • 1 clove minced garlic 
So I will have to let you know how it turns out

I will also make Lime-cilantro rice & beans

Thursday- Hot Ham & Cheese with Tomato Soup
The trick is making them with sourdough bread- YUM!
Tomato Soup-
I use the canned tomato soup but I add milk, basil, & a little shredded cheese 
Sweet Potato Fries
  • Thinly slice a sweet potato
  • Place on baking sheet coat with cooking spray
  • Sprinkle with sea salt & bake @ 375 for 25 minutes
Friday- Steaks with Beer Reduction & Blue Cheese, Baked red potatoes, & Asparagus

6 (4oz) steaks
1 tsp olive oil
1 (12 oz) dark beer
2 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS crumbled Blue Cheese

  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Season both sides of steak
  • Heat oil in skillet & add steaks- just brown- about 2 min/side
  • Remove from pan & place on baking sheet, Bake at 450 4-5 min (until done to your liking)
  • Combine Beer & brown sugar in bowl, add to pan stirring frequently
  • Cook for about 6 minutes- it will be slightly syrupy

Serve steaks with sauce on top & then sprinkle with blue cheese

Saturday- Breakfast
Cheesy Eggs with Turkey Sausage, English muffins, & fruit

Sunday- Mini Meatloaves, Mashed Red potatoes & steamed green beans

Mini Meatloaves
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C Bread crumbs
1/4 C water
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 c BBQ Sauce
3/4 c shredded cheese

Preheat oven 375
Mix meat, breadcrumbs, water & seasoning
Press into muffin pan cups
Add BBQ Sauce
Bake 30 min
Top with cheese & cook additional 5 minutes

These are one of my kids favs!! I try to make extra because they freeze & reheat really well!


Wheeew, It feels good to have that done & know we will have great meals all week long!!  Anyone else doing some menu planning this week? Remember to check out Organizing Junkie's Blog for lots more great menu ideas!

Thanks for stopping by & happy Menu planning to you!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment