Monday, September 5, 2016

Entry Way Project



So- we have started a big DIY project! I am super excited about it- as it has been in the works since we moved in over 6 years ago We have an entry way issue in our house~  right when you walk in the door, you are smack dab in the living room. There is no set entry way or designated space for backpacks, jackets, etc. There is a closet that I tried to use to fulfill this purpose, but it hasn't really worked out the way I wanted it to. We have been looking and brainstorming for quite awhile about how to solve this issue.  Some of the ways we have tried are:

  • Remodeling? Looked into it- way too expensive
  • Furniture? We have looked everywhere from furniture stores to hardware stores, antique shops- nothing that solves all the entry way issues

Then I got my issue of Do it Yourself magazine & it was like it was meant to be!!!!


Here is the idea that put the wheels in motion...


This has been the closest thing to what I was picturing in my head, but still needed to be tweaked a bit. Instead of the pre-made cubes we decided to look for something we could repurpose. Good old Craig's list came up with something really cool!


I really like the divided space that will be perfect for shoe storage!

So here is a very rough sketch of what we are going for.

 So far we have the crates, pallet, and particle board. This is going to be quite an adventure for us as we are kind of winging it as we go! Hopefully we will end up with a really cool, functional &
one-of- a- kind entry way!

I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment