Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Weekly Menu

Our household runs so much smoother when I take the time to meal plan for the week. 



Sharing it here, with you, helps me stay motivated to do it & hopefully gives someone a new recipe idea! Please feel free to share your menus with me! 





Monday
Chicken Tikka Korma (crockpot meal) served with rice or you can sub cauliflower rice if watching carbs (Sauce is Onion, Garlic, Turmeric, Garam Marsala, Chili powder, Coriander, Cumin, Salt & pepper, Tomatoes, Coconut milk, & broth)

Tuesday
Lasagna- this is one of my favorite recipes, passed down from my mama! Served with garlic bread, roasted broccoli & salad!

1 garlic clove- diced
1 small onion- diced
1 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage 
1 TBL parsley flakes
1 lb canned tomatoes
2 small cans of tomato paste
10 oz Lasagna noodles- healthier options- sliced Zucchini (sliced very thinly, long ways)
3 cups cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBL parsley flakes
1/2 C grated parmesan
1 lb Mozzarella cheese- thinly sliced

Sautee garlic and onion in olive oil, add meat- cook until meat is done
Add parsley & tomatoes- simmer about 30 minutes
Cook Lasagna noodles (use ingredients on box) if using or slice up Zucchini
Mix together in a bowl cottage cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley & parm. cheese

In a 9x13 Layer- Noodles or Zucchini, Cottage cheese mixture, Mozzarella cheese slices, Meat mixture Repeat another time. 

Bake 30 min at 375, let rest 15 minutes 

Wednesday
Chicken Fried Rice 
Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs
Rice- Cauliflower or white
Coconut Aminos
Veggies
Salt & Pepper
Sesame &/or olive oil
Chop up any veggies you have on hand- I usually use carrots, celery, onions, garlic, Bok Choy
I use 2 skillets for this- one for chicken and one for the veggies. Heat up Sesame or olive oil in both skillets. I add the chopped veggies to one pan and the chicken (seasoned with salt & pepper) to the other. I usually cook my chicken thighs about 10 min each side. Then I chop up the chicken once it is all done and mix it in with veggies. I add Coconut Aminos and more salt and pepper. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice. I also add some Sesame oil. Coconut Aminos, salt & pepper to my rice. 


Thursday:
Tacos
I make my own taco seasoning. It's super simple, cheap and you know exactly what you are eating no additives! 
2 TBL Chili powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Again a healthier option would be to make it into a salad or rice or cauliflower rice bowl. 

Friday
Left overs

Saturday:
Out to eat

Sunday
BLEATS
What are those you ask? Well we have turned a classic BLT's & added egg and avocado! 
If you are wanting to eliminate bread click here for a way to make BACON BOWLS- then you can just add the rest of your filings in the bowl- lettuce, tomato, egg (hard boil for this option), avocado! 

Some tips for making dinners healthier:
Cauliflower rice- I have tried many different kinds. Making your own is an option that I have done lots. It is messing and a little time consuming. I found pre-made is way easier but not all of them taste great. The BEST I have found is Trader Joe's brand 
Bread- we use Ezekiel Bread - click the link to find out more about it. Also if you are trying to eliminate bread there are lots of options! Wraps, Bacon Bowls (see link in BLEAT recipe for these), Spinach or lettuce. 


Also a little side note- I have some really fun new things that will be happening with my blog. Stay tuned for some exciting news!!!

Happy Planning!!

Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment