Sunday, October 30, 2016

Microwaves- easy to clean, but easier to just shut the door

My question today is- why do microwaves get so gross? The answer has to be because it is so easy to just close the door and never think about it. Until it's time to use it again & then the whole using it even though it looks gross, and then closing the door on it repeats itself.

I have a really easy way of cleaning it, but man it is easier to just close the door :) I am going to fix that today & show you how!

Honestly I am going to take a picture of how bad it is right now- but please promise me you won't judge me....




There has been several methods I have tried & the one that works the best, for me is:
Using a microwave safe dish

  • Add 1 cup of vinegar & 1 cup hot water~ add a toothpick to help with water not overflowing
  • Microwave for about 5-10 minutes 
  • The bowl will be extremely hot- be careful! Use an oven mitt to remove
  • Using a damp sponge- wipe interior of microwave
  • Remove the rotating plate inside to clean


The outside of our microwave is stainless steel, so I use some wipes specifically for that material to wipe down the front.

Now for the after picture:


TaDa!!

What is your favorite cleaning quick tip?

Thanks for stopping by!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment