Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Paying the bills....

January is coming to an end, but I am going to extend my office organization through next week. I have so many fun ideas to share! Today my focus is on bill organization.

Paying bills- it's something that no one likes to do but it's a necessary evil... Having an organized system can make it much less stressful and helps the household run much smoother.  There are so many different ways to organize bills. The important thing is finding the one that works in your household!  

This is the secret to organizing bills in our household. I bought this many years ago at Target. I found one on Amazon that is similar. Click here to see. There are slots 1-31. As soon as the mail is opened, the bill goes into the slot for the day that the bill is due. For us it works perfectly. It's highly visible- with a quick glance you can see what needs to be paid. 


There is also a drawer on the bottom. We now pay bills electronically, but before that this drawer was used for checks, stamps, extra envelopes and address labels.

Since this has been our system for quite a while and is working great, I thought I could spruce it up a bit! I gave it a good dusting and cleaning and then using my Silhouette I added a label to it.


And here is it- the label just adds a little touch of fun!


Some other ideas for organizing bill paying from across blog world!
 Just click on the source to take you to the blog or website


Paid Bills in Household Binder




There are so many different ways to organize bills, there is bound to be something to fit everyone's style!  If you have a great way to organize your bills and want to share it with me, send me an email or leave a comment I would love to hear about it!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope to see you back real soon for even more office organizing ideas!

Faith

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool product! First time I've seen a 31 day bill organizer. Thanks for sharing it and for sharing my bill payment system too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica- Thank you, I just love sharing great ideas :)
      Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

      Delete