Monday, January 28, 2013

Make My Menu Monday 1/28/13

It is Monday again (how does the weekend go by so fast???) and so it's time to plan my meals for the week!



Monday- Family Night Out for my son's school
Which means no cooking for me tonight!!

Tuesday- Hot Ham and Cheese with soup

I make my Hot Ham and Cheese with Sourdough Bread, this week I am going to try Havarti cheese!
For soup, I will use canned tomato, but I add lots of spices of my own to it.

Wednesday- Breakfast with fruit and yogurt
Scrambled eggs with cream cheese and crumbled turkey sausage- we also  add spinach, tomato and avocado. My husband makes his into a wrap using a whole wheat tortilla and salsa!
Cinnamon Toast 
Yogurt with fruit

Thursday- Tacos
I will make a double batch of taco meat for Saturdays Taco Salads

Friday- Feta topped Chicken with veggies
Broil chicken breasts about  6 min on each side
Top with Feta, broil a couple min more

Saturday- Taco Salads
Left over taco meat from Thursday

Sunday- Spanish style shrimp with pasta
I went to this cook ahead meal party this past Saturday. We made 10 meals that go into the freezer. I decided to use 1 a week. This is the first one that I am trying.
1-1 1/2 lb Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
2 TBS Grapeseed oil- you could use olive oil as well
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp  all purpose spice
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 in squares

Cook in a skillet until warm ( I have already cooked shrimp). Serve over pasta.

I will let you know how it turns out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Remember to check out Organizing Junkies blog for even more menu planning ideas!  Tomorrow I will return with some great home office ideas on paying bills!  See you then!

Faith

2 comments:

  1. First, can I just say that is a cut menu board.

    Second, any night you don't have to cook is a good night.

    Third, sounds like a good menu plan and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,
      Thanks so much! Hope you have a wonderful week as well! Thank you for stopping by my blog!
      Sincerly,
      Faith

      Delete