Sunday, November 11, 2012

Updated wrapping area

With the Holiday Seasons fast approaching I thought it would be a good idea to update my wrapping area so it is ready to go!  Awhile ago I redid a corner in my workspace area to set up a wrapping center. Here is the  wrapping center I came up with a couple months ago, click here to see how it came together.
Now that I have been using it, there are somethings that I need to update to make the space work better. The gift bag organizer is great, but I have all my tissue paper and cards on the other side. So I have found that I have to pick up the whole thing and flip it over to get the tissue paper out- see that door and all that unused space?

It was pretty much begging me to use it!!  

At Target there were a few supplies that gave me an idea about what I could do. Some command hooks and these poly envelopes that were $1.50

I sorted my tissue paper into 4 color categories- Blue/Green, White/Black, Red/Pink & Patterns. Then I attached the hooks to the back so that they would fit in the slats on the empty door.

Even though I have a ribbon holder on the wall. I was finding that I still had  lots of loose ribbon.

 A must-do at Target is browsing their dollar section- I have found some amazing items there and this was no exception!  These cute little containers were only $1 each, I also grabbed some S hooks.

 Here are the poly envelopes. With those command hooks they just slid right onto the slots.

 The S Hooks slid right on as well, then I put the cute little containers filled with ribbon on the hook.



This is the door all finished! Doesn't it look so fun!  But more importantly it will make gift wrapping a snap!




What do you think? Now all I need to do is go by some Holiday wrapping paper!!
Do you have a great way to organize your gift wrapping supplies? I would love to hear about it! Leave me a comment or send me an email. Just look under the contact me tab. 
The thing I LOVE about blogging is the sharing of ideas!  Because not every idea works for every home and space,  I also wanted to share with you some other great ideas that are out in blog land. Just click on Source under each picture and it will take you to that blog! 

Behind a closet door

Under the bed

Another closet door option

Re-purposing a laundry basket
Gift Wrapping Ideas
Or if your in the mood for a DIY project
Gift Wrap Ribbon and Gift Bags

Aren't there some FABULOUS ideas out there? The possibilities are endless!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment