Saturday, February 11, 2017

Cleaning out the drawers!!

Cleaning and organizing kitchen drawers is a bit of a tedious task, but it is something you can do 1 drawer at a time, so you don't have to get stuck in some HUGE project~ which can make it more manageable!!

My step-by-step for cleaning out a drawer is:

  • Take EVERYTHING out
  • Sort through each item from the drawer 
  • Wipe down the entire inside of the drawer
  • Add a drawer liner if that is your kind of thing :)
  • Add an organizing tool if wanted
  • Put back the items that "made the cut"



Here is a drawer that I worked on...


So many things that bother me about this area.  First of all excessiveness. I mean- who needs so many knives in the first place!! There are so many things that we don't use or need here. It also is a very cluttered area AND the drawer liner that is in this drawer is not my favorite.

Step 1~ Everything came out of the drawer!!
Step 2~ I purged and cleaned out the things that we use and things that we don't

Sometimes you find something in a spot, that makes more sense somewhere else. As I was sorting through all of the items in this drawer & came to my can opener. I had a little aha moment! Why not keep things where they are used.


Here I added a ring to the handle of my can opener and attached a command hook in my pantry, next to all the canned goods. TADA!!! 




Step 3~ Wipe down drawer 
Step 4~ Add drawer liner!! 

Step 5~ Organizing tools! This can be the most fun part! Especially if you can find exactly what you are looking for! I found this on Amazon here and I ordered 2. Remember if you are purchasing something, measure your space first. This will save time, money & frustration~ I PROMISE!!



Last step~ putting back the items that "made the cut" (did anyone notice the pun here :)

Bonus I was able to get rid of the knife block on the counter so a little less clutter always makes this girl happy!! 




Thanks for stopping by friends!!

Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment