Sunday, January 22, 2017

Project Pantry!

This weekend I wanted to be able to check off cleaning out and organizing my pantry. The pantry basically stores every food item that is not in the fridge or freezer. It is a good size space, but I have found sometime that has meant, a great place to shove lots of stuff in and shut the door. This has been a project that I have worked on several times, but have never finalized it. My first few attempts focused more on making it look pretty and not functional. I have learned over the years that function has to be the top priority when organizing any space, or else it just wont last.

One thing that I have not done before, is take EVERYTHING out!


At this point I was really wondering what I had got myself into!!


This gave me the opportunity to scrub each shelf & sweep and mop the floor. Then with it empty, I could really think about how I wanted to use each shelf. 


Here is the finished pantry! It makes me so excited because everything really has a place- which is the key to making it maintainable!!

So let me take you through each shelf...


This section houses  flours, sugars, dried goods & spices. I try to buy everything in bulk and then store it in reusable containers. The canisters on the top shelf I got through tupperware many years ago- click here to see similar product. Click here for similar canisters on the next shelf. Spices- there are so many ways to organize these.  Click here for a a similar spice rack. For labeling I have used a variety of different ways. My current favorite is using washi tape and a sharpie. It is simple, easily changed out if needed and it comes in so many different colors & is very affordable!!! Some other favorites for labeling in the pantry are: using a label maker,  This blog I found in Pinterest, & Better Homes and Garden free printables.



The next shelf is for snacks & the bottom shelf is the produce that doesn't go in the fridge. These bins are my favorite!! Click here to find them. I got the largest size.


On the top right side the coconut oil and olive oil that I use ALL the time are easy to reach & our extra paper towels. Canned goods and other oils & vinegars live on the next shelf. This three tiered shelf for cans is perfect!


The last 3 shelves contain~ nut butters and honey, gum and candy, cereal & oats. 
Crackers and chips nuts & popcorn. 
A wire holder for my saran wrap, foil and baggies just slides in. 
And finally paper plates, bowls, & plastic silverware!
Click here for baskets and here for wire shelf

So finally a completed pantry. I have to admit, it makes me pretty happy!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!


Here is my list:
  • Baking supplies
  • Fridge
  • Pantry
  • Drawers
  • Cabinets
  • Desk
  • Freezer

Faith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment