Monday, August 6, 2012

Make my Menu Monday!

Well it's Monday and that means another Make My Menu!! I found another cute free printable to write my menu in this week. Click here to go to the printable. I really like the grocery list on the side :) 



Monday:
Tilapia I just brush each fillet with olive oil and season with pepper, garlic & sea salt. Broil about 3-4 min each side. 
Avacado/Tomato Salad- this recipe I got from a Cooking Light magazine and it is delish! We use it lots!!
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 C grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 C crumbled reduced-fat feta
1 ripe peeled avocado, chopped

Combine first 4 ingredients, stir with a whisk. Add tomato halves, cheese & avocado, toss gently. 

Tuesday:
Fish Tacos- I use left over Tilapia, add lettuce, tomato, cheese in tortillas
Black Bean Salsa- someone I work with gave this recipe to me & again- we use it all the time!!
2 C chopped, peeled avocados
1 small finely chopped red onion( I only use about 1/2)
3-4 Roma tomatoes, chopped coarsley
1 (15 oz) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
2 TBS lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients, let chill 2 hours

Wednesday:
Ginger-Lime Beef Stir Fry- another one from another Cooking Light magazine
1 TBS sugar
1 TBS grated peeled fresh ginger
2 TBS lime juice
1 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 TBS canola oil
12 oz boneless sirloin steak, cut into strips
4 lime wedges
Combine 1st 5 ingredients, stir with whisk
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, cook 4 min until browned stirring frequently, Remove from heat, drizzle with ginger-lime mixture. Garnish with lime wedges

Thursday:
I cook up extra steak on Wednesday and make a salad with it. 

Friday:
Breakfast- one of my kids favorites!!  
When on vacation in Colorado over spring break, we ate at this cute little breakfast place & I recreated the recipe from there-
I scramble eggs & add turkey sausage(I get Jimmy Deans that is precooked). Then I add cream cheese and let the cream cheese melt into the eggs. Then add spinach, tomato & avocado- we just add those on our own plates. You can top with a little Feta also!  Yum :) 

Saturday:
Pizzadillas (from last week Make my Menu Monday)

Sunday:
Tacos


 Don't forget to check out Organizing Junkie's blog for lots of great menu ideas!!!Happy Menu planning to you!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Faith  



No comments:

Post a Comment