Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Workspace progress

Hello!  This summer is just flying by!  In my home I have been working on my workspace area- this is the room in our home that we use for laundry, craft/scrapbooking, & office- this one room has a lot of uses!  My before pictures are from when we bought our house from the home inspection. So not our things in the before- but it gives an idea of what the space looked like.  

Where I put up my gift wrapping station  last week is the small wall where there was a book shelf facing toward the treadmill. Over where the refrigerator/freezer was in this picture is where we put the shelving unit in the next picture. So here is the BEFORE.


and here is the next stage- first off we changed the wall color!  The color is called Organic Garden and I love the life it brings to the space! I wanted something bright and lively for a room with so many purposes :) This is Expedit Shelving Unit from Ikea! As you see in this picture there is a little basket we have been keeping our modem, and computer stuff. We are wireless in our home, but it has been hard to find a way to house all that stuff. 


Here is all of it- not pretty is it? So I thought about what to do with it...


My solution is to hide it!  Here is my progress I have made on my shelving unit!  The computer "stuff" has all been put in the Kassett Box on the top left. There are openings in the front and back- so the back opening gave me a perfect place to pull the cords through!  The second row we installed drawers. I am in the process of taking my not so organized piles of craft supplies, office stuff, etc & finding spots for them. Once I get this shelving area complete, I will take you through each drawer & box :)


 This room is a huge project & will take me a while, but I am super excited to be working on it now! So I will post progress along the way!  I can't wait to show you the complete after!   I would love to hear projects you are working on or ideas that you have!   Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment