Friday, June 8, 2012

Fast Project Friday- Pool time!!

As promised my Fast Project Friday from down south!  While visiting my cousin, Chase she asked if I could help her with her "pool cabinet". This is where they keep all the towels and things they need to just grab & go when going to swim. 

Here is what it looked like before


As always the best way to start when organizing, is take everything out. This way you can see 
what you have. There are always a couple of surprise items found that don't belong, so put them in their "home" before you get started.  Then put things into like piles. Always have a trash bag & a 
bag to put things in to donate. Once we did this Chase decided all the floaties 
& goggles would be better to keep stored out by the pool.


She had some extra clear tubs that weren't being used so we but all the bubbles & bubble supplies in one.


Then we used a swim bag to put extra hats that they use out at the pool. 


Next came the towels... I always love how rolled towels look & I think that they take up less room. They are also easier to grab & go and you can see them all as well.


We used the other extra tub for bug spray and sunblock



And here is the finished cabinet!  Everything has a place and it's easy to find what you're looking for! 


This project took us about 15 minutes to do, so it was quick. We also didn't buy anything to do this project, we used what she had. I think people sometimes get caught up in that thinking that they have to buy cute baskets and totes to be able to organize. But use what you have- shoe boxes, diaper boxes, extra totes, ziplock baggies, Gladware, etc. You can always replace it with a cute basket later if you want!  So there you have it the Fast Project Friday for down south!  I also decided that I should always have a label maker on me when I travel... it could have been handy to have :)

Thanks again for stopping by, please let me know if you have any questions or comments. I would love to hear from you about projects you might want to see me do, or any questions you might have. Tell me what kind of projects you are working on!  I just love blogs because it is such a great way for us to all share information! Have a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment