Thursday, March 7, 2013

Project Pantry- it's a start!

My pantry has turned into a mess!! I am blessed to have a great size pantry, but I have become lazy with how the space is used. Here is my embarrassing before picture...


As you can see I have tried different containers and systems, but nothing has actually worked. So I decided I would dedicate some time to work on it and make it perfect!  So here is a step by step look at my pantry redo. 

First things first- the door...

What I see is:

  • wasted space
  • not to fun to look at



So what I did:
  • removed the brassy door knob
  • painted it this super fun color called Bermuda Bay
  • cut an over the door shoe organizer into 2 parts & attached with command picture hanger velcro tabs
  • in the top part I put all the packets that get lost in my pantry- this makes it easy to see( to know if I am running low) as well as easy to grab
  • in the bottom part I put all the snacks to make it easy for the kids to grab


Here is the way it looks from the outside!  

Things I have left to do for the door:

  • put on the new door knob
  • add my redone clipboard with my grocery list on it
Once I am done with the door, I will move on to the inside shelves. I have lots of new containers, labels and baskets to make it a super organized and user friendly space!  


Excited at how it's turning out so far! Hope you stop back  to see how it's coming along!!

Thanks,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment