Monday, January 14, 2013

Make My Menu Monday 1/14/13

It is another Monday, so that means- time to Make My Menu!  With a busy schedule of the kiddos' activities it is super important to get a menu down for the week!

Each week I love my menu board even more! Click here for the post on how I do my meal planning and use my menu board. 

Monday- Spaghetti with Salad and Garlic Bread

Tuesday- Hot Ham and Cheese with Broccoli Cheese soup

Sourdough bread is the secret to a great Hot Ham and Cheese

The Broccoli Cheese soup comes straight from my mother-in-law's kitchen- this is always a guarantee for a delicious meal :)

3 C broccoli or 10 oz pkg frozen broccoli
1 C chicken broth
1 TBS minced onions
1/4 tsp pepper
3 1/2 C milk
2 TBS cornstarch
8 oz Velveta, cut into pieces

In medium saucepan, bring broccoli, broth, onion and pepper to boil. Cook till broccoli is tender. Add all the milk except 1/4 C. Bring to a boil over medium heat. 
Stir cornstarch into the 1/4 reserved milk. Mix well. Stir into boiling soup. Reduce heat, stir in cheese until melted. Makes 7 cups. 

Wednesday- Leftovers

Thursday- Chicken Tortilla Soup with avocado and sour cream
4 chicken breast halves
2 (15oz) cans black beans (undrained)
2 (15oz) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes or Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 C salsa
1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
1 (141/2 oz) can tomato sauce
Tortilla Chips
2 C grated cheese

Combine all ingredient, except chips & cheese in large Crock-pot. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice into bite size pieces. Stir back into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual soup bowl. Ladle soup over chips. Top with cheese. Then add avocado and sour cream! YUM!

Friday- Breakfast with fruit and yogurt

Saturday- Feta topped Chicken with Veggies
Marinate chicken breasts in balsamic vinaigrette dressing & season (I use pepper, sea salt & garlic)
Broil 5-7 minutes on each side, or until done

Feta Sauce- ( I found this recipe in a Cooking Light Magazine)
1 lemon
1 TBS fresh chopped Mint
4tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Dash of black pepper
1 pkg feta cheese

Squeeze lemon for 2 TBS juice & 1/2 rind
Combine rind, juice, mint, oil, and pepper, stir with a whisk
Add cheese & stir

Put on top of Chicken

Sunday- Roast with red potatoes and carrots

With my Roast I keep it simple-
Take a Roast about 3 1/2 pounds
Put it in a slow cooker
Add- 1 cream of mushroom, 1/2 can water and a packet of onion soup mix
Set it on low and let it cook all day!
Add carrots and potatoes with a couple hours left to cook

Well there you have it. Now that I have my meals planned I can make my grocery list and head to the store!  Remember to check out Organizing Junkie's Website for lots and lots of meal ideas to get your week started off right!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment