Monday, December 10, 2012

Make My Menu Monday

Wowzers! Its been awhile since I have posted my menu. Is it just me, or has life been busier lately? Christmas is just 15 days away which makes me feel a little panicky!! I have some really fun Christmas projects that I will be blogging about this week. For now, onto the menu!!  We have lots of Christmas programs and activities this week which means our menu needs to be simple and quick!! My menu board and meal planning is still working well!  Click here to see my new meal planning!




Monday- Hot Ham and Cheese, Mac & cheese and salad

I switched it up a bit doing mac and cheese instead of soup. 
I used Asiago Bread from Panera to make the Hot Ham and Cheese and it was delicious!


Tuesday- Breakfast with fruit and yogurt

Scrambled eggs with cream cheese and turkey sausage. I will also cook up some potatoes. I take red potatoes, quarter them and put them in the microwave for a few minutes to get them cooking. Then I put them in a skillet with olive oil, rosemary and ground pepper. They cook for about 20 minutes or until they are nice and tender!


Wednesday- Marinated Pork Chops with broccoli and garlic bread

This time I will put them in the crockpot in the morning. Just add some BBQ sauce and some spices and they are ready at dinner time!  


Thursday- Roast with potatoes and carrots


I will use my crockpot again for this one!  Just add the roast, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 packet of onion dip mix. Cook on low all day. Add the potatoes and carrots about 2 hours before ready to serve.


Friday- Shrimp and Sausage with Cheese grits

This recipe comes from a Cooking Light magazine that I got several years ago. It is a favorite in our household :) I have adapted it slightly to fit our family.


1 lb shrimp- I purchase the already cooked shrimp to save time
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 link turkey sausage cut into 1/8 inch slices
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c water

Add shrimp, seasoning and pepper to a skillet that is sprayed with cooking spray. Remove shrimp from pan and keep warm. 

Return pan to med-high heat. Re-spray with cooking spray. Add sausage, for appx 2 min- until browned. Add reserved shrimp mixture and garlic to pan- cook 1 minute stirring occasionally.
Add 1/4 c water, cook 30 seconds, scraping pan
Remove from heat, let stand 2 minutes.\


Simultaneously I prepare the grits

1 1/2 c water
1/2 c uncooked quick-cooking grits
1/2 c skim milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 c grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Bring water to a boil 

Gradually stir in grits
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
Stir in milk and remove from heat 
Add remaining ingredients, stirring until cheese melts

When I serve this meal I serve the shrimp and sausage on top of the cheesy grits!



Saturday- Chicken tortilla soup with avocados and sour cream

This recipe comes from one of my BESTEST friends!! She shared it with me- thanks CiCi :)
4 chicken breast halves
2 (15oz) cans black beans (undrained)
2 (15oz) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes or Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 C salsa
1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
1 (141/2 oz) can tomato sauce
Tortilla Chips
2 C grated cheese

Combine all ingredient, except chips & cheese in large Crock-pot. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice into bite size pieces. Stir back into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual soup bowl. Ladle soup over chips. Top with cheese.

We will also add avocado and sour cream to ours- that's just how we roll :)



Sunday- Out to Eat

Remember to check out Organizing Junkie for many more meal planning ideas! Thanks for stopping by!  
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment