Thursday, July 5, 2012

Taking it outside!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday!  My project that I am blogging about today is in my backyard...


When we moved into our house we had a rose garden in our backyard- it was pretty but with 2 kids and their friends coming over it wasn't very practical for us. 
Thorns + kids running around= disaster...

This is the only picture I could find of the rose garden & it was during a Luau birthday party so you will have to excuse the hula skirts :)  So Here is the rose garden...


We got an idea to make it into a sitting area with a fire pit for nights of smores, campfires and relaxing. It took a lot of manual labor- we first dug up the rose bushes, leveled out the area with some sand & dirt, mulched and lined the area with some rocks. My mom was moving at the time so we inherited the patio furniture. Then I got a large green bucket to put the fire wood in and the planted some flowers!


Here is the after...










So what do you think? We are pretty excited at how it turned out!  It's like having another room right in our backyard :)

Does anyone else have a spot for smores? Any fun outdoor projects you are working on?

Thanks again for stopping by and remember to check out Fast Project Friday tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment