Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Garden tool organization



Happy Wednesday to you!!!  It's hard to believe how fast the summer is flying by- pretty soon we are going to be back to school shopping- YIKES. But back to summer... we have a vegetable/fruit garden and do lots of yard work.  I needed a place specifically for my gardening tools. So I have been looking for a solution- we have a shed but that is filled with my husbands outdoor items-  I wanted a place just for the tools that I use while gardening and doing yard work.  When we got some new vertical storage for our garage- we were left with this... It's original purpose was for sports equipment- but I saw a solution to my problem!



Sports Equipment Organizer


So I turned it into this...


It gave me the perfect place to store and organize all of my gardening things. 


On the side I could put my leaf picker upper (that is it's technical name :), & gardening shoes


On the other side a place to set rakes & other gardening tools


As you can see there are lots of hooks to hang all the smaller tools, watering cans & extra sprinklers


And on the bottom a place for extra pots & some containers that I keep soil in


These are actually repurposed also- they were originally grass seed containers but work perfectly for soil & even had scoops that came with them. They work great when repotting a plant. 


I just love it when a repurposing idea works out!!  What do you think?? How do you organize your yard work tools?

Thank you for stopping by today! Remember to check back on Friday for Fast Project Friday!  As always feel free to email me or comment with any comments or questions- I would love to hear from you!!

Thanks,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment