Thursday, May 24, 2012

What's under the kitchen sink?

Hello!!  I feel like it has been forever since I have blogged!  Well- I have had quite the adventure over the last week!  First of all my husband and I traveled to the Twin Cities Area and on Saturday did the Tough Mudder which is a 12 mile 29 obstacle course, we stayed for a few days and helped out their local economy :) with some visits to some amazing restaurants, Ikea & The Container Store! I now have many projects in the works with the goodies that found while away!  The first project I tackled when I got back is under our kitchen sink!  


Here we are before the Tough Mudder


IKEA!!!  



Ok now back to reality- under my kitchen sink- it really needed some help!  First of all the old crusty shelving paper is gross and everything is just jammed in there with no rhyme or reason. On the left is actually where our recycling used to go in paper grocery bags.

Here is the finished project!

I scrubbed really well under there & put down shelf paper left over from my desk drawer project. Then my husband installed this handy  pull out drawer we got from The Container Store. 

I hung this tension curtain rod to hang any spray bottles on so they are up & out of the way!

Next I hung some command hooks for my scrubbers...


Remember how I said my recycling used to go on the left under my sink... Well we found another 
pull-out drawer at The Container Store and put it in a drawer next to our garbage can. 


 For our recycling company we use we only separate the paper & everything else can go together. So we are using the blue bin for paper & the black bin for everything else!  

So I can check that off the list!!  I would love to hear from you about ways that you organize under your sink. It is another one of those places that is easy to just shove stuff into!  But again, once everything has a spot, it makes it much easier to maintain!  I can't tell you how excited I am about my upcoming projects- I could just do cartwheels!! Remember to check back tomorrow for Fast Project Friday!!! Thanks so much for stopping by :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment