Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun with spray paint!!!

Well hello! I hope you all had a great weekend!!  I have a few things to talk to you about today :)

First I have been working on a few things on my blog and just wanted to point them out!!  I added a couple of tabs at the top of the blog. Under Projects you will find all the projects I have done on the blog, categorized by type of project. You can just click on the title of the project and it will take you to that post for all the details!!  I also have a Contact Me tab in case you would like to ask me a question or tell me about a project that you are working on.

Secondly I wanted to tell you that my little blog hit over 1000 page views over the weekend!! That just made my week & I wanted to say THANK YOU!!!! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, for all the sweet comments that I have received on the blog, though email and on Facebook

Ok and now onto a fun project. We moved into our home about 2 years ago. Most every fixture is brass, which isn't my favorite... At first I thought that I would be buying new fixtures like to replace this outdoor light...



But I found this Rust-Oleum Metalic spray paint at Lowe's for about $9. I had never used spray paint before so I was a little nervous about it. But I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.


What took the longest was taping off all the glass. I taped the outside and inside- because I also sprayed the inside as well. 



And here is the finished result- I was really excited how it turned out!  Compared to the $40-70 for a new one-   $9 is a pretty good bargain! There is still plenty of paint left for more projects as well!  Remember I said everything is brass- well I am starting on our door knobs next :)



****A few suggestions about this project

  • Make sure power is off to the light before starting
  • To take the light off the wall you do need to mess with some electrical wires- make sure you know how to do this before you get started
  • Remember to always take all necessary safety precautions before beginning any project
  • Do this project outside in a well ventilated area
  • Give your self enough room because the spray paint does travel a bit
  • Put down enough painters cloth or newspaper underneath before you start painting ( I did not - so now I some spray paint on my driveway :)
  • Make sure you read all the instructions on the spay paint can before you start!


What projects are on your to do list? Any of them involve spray paint? I'd love to hear all about it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment