Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Project From a Reader!

Well I am sooo beyond excited- I got a surprise email from my cousin. She has been reading my blog & actually is who really encouraged me to start a blog in the first place! Here is what she had to say!!

Faith – I have been enjoying your blog so much.  Your organization projects have really inspired me.  Just this week, I have tackled some kitchen drawers, my first aid cabinet and my biggest project of all:  my daughter’s room.   Caroline is 7 years old and has a great table in her room that had become junk central.  It started off as an art table when she was younger -  a place for her to sit and color.   But as she got older and craft projects started getting more complicated – it became very messy. I was almost embarrassed to take this “before” picture, the table was so cluttered!  So, we went to Target this weekend looking for some baskets to put on her table to organize all of her art supplies.  We quickly found the Itso Cubes – which are plastic cubes that can be customized with different baskets, drawers and shelves.  I like this idea because it puts all of the art stuff within reach of the table, but keeps the table clear for projects.   We bought 2 of these cubes, with several shelves and baskets and got to work.   First, of course we had to clean off the table and go through all of the mess.  We had a trash pile, a give pile and a keep pile.  Two hours later and we were done!  The first shelf contains her blank art paper and notebooks, while the second shelf has a great Itso divided drawer where we put pencils, erasers, glue and scissors.  The third shelf has a basket for crayons  and colored pencils and a basket for markers.  On the fourth shelf, we stacked workbooks, sticker books and coloring books.  The fifth shelf contains a basket with all of her keepsake “special things”  like her diary, birthday cards she wants to keep, etc.    And, as you see, we had a great space on top of the cubes to put her music player and a framed picture of Justin Beiber!  The cube system cost less than $50 and it was super easy to snap in the shelves and add the baskets.   I liked these cubes so much, I bought two more for her closet.   Thanks for the inspiration! 



Here is the before picture...



And the amazing after picture!!!



I really love how it turned out!  What is so nice with kids- well anyone really- is to have a place for everything. So now since there is an assigned drawer or shelf for each item, it will be easy to maintain! I love it and thank you so much for the sweet words :) I can't wait to see more of your projects!!! What other projects is everyone working on? I would love to feature another reader's project- so keep them coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment