Thursday, February 16, 2012

Planning the week

I like to have a wipe off weekly calender hanging in my kitchen that I can fill in...


It is dry erase, so I change it every Sunday. Starting on the left hand side I put in the date by each day, then in the lunch column I go through the school menu and we pick which day the kids are having hot or cold, then the dinner column I plan our meals for dinner, the notes column I fill in our evening activities for the week. I then make sure that I have all of the ingredients for the meals.

I try to do my menu plan, grocery list and coupons all at the same time. Our week runs so much smoother when I do this every Sunday. I will tell you on weeks that I have not got this done on Sunday- life becomes much more hectic! It is worth the 30 minutes or so it takes to sit down and plan it!

For meal planning in general I have found that it is kind of a pain at first, but it is sooo helpful in the long run. My cousin started a website called www.plantheweek.com and it is a meal plan website. So check it out- it is a great tool for meal planning!

When I first started planning meals I wrote down every meal that I knew how to make. I categorized it into Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and I have it in our household binder. I found having everything written out made it so much easier when it came time to sit down and write it on the calender!

Well hopefully there were some helpful ideas for you about planning your week, please let me know if there is anything you have questions on!

No comments:

Post a Comment