Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Make My Menu Monday 10/1/12

Fall is definitely in the air!  I LOVE being able to wear jeans and sweatshirts, see the leaves changing colors, and start making yummy "fall" food!  This year I really want to try more soup recipes- if anyone has any good ones, let me know!!

Well here is what is on our menu for the week!

Monday-

we had a family birthday dinner at my in-laws so no cooking for me-Thanks Debbe :)

Tuesday- Chili and Cinnamon Rolls

Chili-
2 lbs ground hamburger, browned and drained
2 cans Chili beans ( love Bush's mild chili beans)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 TBS Wahoo Chili Seasoning from Tastefully Simple

After hamburger is browned and drained, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer over stove-top or in crockpot! We serve with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheese & crushed tortilla chips! YUM!!
Cinnamon Rolls- I take the easy way out and buy them, one of these days I will make them from scratch- again if anyone has a great recipe I would love to have it!!


Wednesday- Planned left overs or grab whatever!  

Our Wednesday evenings are extremely busy- so it is much easier to just warm something up in-between activities. So I will make sure to make plenty of Chili!

Thursday- Hot Ham & Cheese, Creamy Tortellini Soup & Garden Salad 

The secret to a GREAT Hot Ham & Cheese (as I found out from my neighbor) is using Sour Dough Bread- it makes a huge difference!

Creamy Tortellini Soup
I just found this recipe on Pinterest and will be trying it out on Thursday- it looks delish and am really excited about it!!

Garden Salad-
I just throw together spinach, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and avocado

Friday- Popcorn Shrimp salads & strawberries

Popcorn Shrimp wraps 
Prepackaged Popcorn shrimp cooked according to package
Put them in a whole grain tortilla and add

  •  lettuce,
  •  tomato, 
  • shredded cheese & 
  • a tad of ranch dressing

Saturday- Breakfast

My kids LOVE Breakfast for dinner, which is why you will see it on my menu usually every week!!

Cheesy Sausage Eggs
Scrambled Eggs
Add- cream cheese and turkey sausage
Then we mix in torn spinach leaves, tomatoes and avocados

Pancakes

Parfaits

Take Greek yogurt, then add in

  • Fruit (Strawberries and blueberries is what we usually use)
  • Top with granola

Sunday- Mini Meatloaf, Red baked Potatoes & steamed green beans


Well that's whats cooking in our house this week!  Be sure to pop on over to Organizing Junkie's blog to find loads and loads of great recipes for the week!  

Thank you SO very much for stopping by my blog & come back soon!!!

Faith 

No comments:

Post a Comment